Gluten Free Pineapple Sunshine Cake
This recipe seriously is incredible. You can easily make it dairy free as well... (we do most of the time) It's pretty much a Piña Colada in cake form!
- Make cake as directed on package in a 9x13' pan see below in the notes for perfect vanilla cake recipe.
- 15 oz can Pineapple Tidbits (do not drain)
- 8 oz Container Cool Whip Topping For dairy free use So Delicious Whipped Topping
- 8 oz Cream Cheese at room temperature. For dairy free use kite hill cream cheese.
- 3.4 oz Jello Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 cup Milk dairy free, use your favorite almond milk
- 1 cup Coconut, shredded optional- but oh so good!
Cake and Pineapple
- Make cake according to package or for the perfect vanilla cake recipe click HERE
- Let cake cool for 5 minutes and then poke holes throughout the warm cake with the back handle of the spoon .
- Pour pineapple over the cake (along witth the juice) The juice will absorb and make the cake even more moist and flavorful.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Put softened cream cheese, pudding mix and milk in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until smooth, you don't want to see clumps of cream cheese.
- Fold in whipped topping and coconut.
- Spread mixture evenly over refridgerated cake. Store in fridge until ready to serve!
Best vanilla cake recipe HERE. I have made this recipe for years and it is such a crowd pleaser- especially in the summer when you want a cool treat! Just this last weekend I added the coconut flakes for the first time and wow was that a party in our mouths! We generally make this recipe dairy free and it is so amazing. Using Kite Hill Cream Cheese and So Delicious Whipped topping is key!