Eating gluten free can be a daunting task, but with the right tools, it doesn’t have to be so complicated!
At least this is how my story went… I started feeling hopeful, like, I’ve got this…
It didn’t take long to fall in love with shopping for about 90% of my groceries at Walmart. I was happy to shop at one store but still found myself walking isle by isle, trying to find all the good deals at a cheaper price. My usual trip to the store took me at least an hour and a half. Remember, I feed a family of six and we go through a ton of food each week. My grocery bill was never less than $200. I learned to accept the cost and to be able to understand that that is my new reality. And then an amazing phenomenon happened… I learned about Walmart Pickup!
This service is crazy awesome. All you need to do is…
- Download the Walmart pick up app.
- Shop your favorite items.
- Add them to your cart.
- Press check out and there you have it.
- A few hours later you drive up to the front of the store into the designated Walmart pick up parking place
- Call the number on the board in front of the designated parking spot and tell them you’re ready.
✨And just like magic a nice worker will come out delivering your food, they will have you sign the invoice and you are on your merry way. (If you follow me on Instagram you know will notice every Monday I’m at Walmart pick up. I love it.)
- Number 1: I love it because of convenience.
- Number 2: I love it because I save a lot of time.
- Number 3: I love it because I plan my meals for the week and I have my groceries delivered to my car.
- Number 4: I love it because Walmart prices are cheaper than any others around. Number 5: I love it because I save even more money by not stepping foot into the store and being distracted by all the other stuff in the aisles.
- Number 6: I love that you can search ‘Gluten Free’ within the app to find dozens of gluten free items in one place (Genius).
- Number 7: I love it because you can ‘heart’ the items that you pick up the most and then the next weeks when you are ordering you go to look for all the items that are hearted and add those to your cart. Within seconds, you are saving even more time and brainpower, trying to remember what you need at the store that day.
I can honestly say I’m a creature of habit and I tend to buy the same things week after week. But let me tell you when you eat gluten-free that is like survival you find a brand and a product that you love and man just stick with it right. There are a few brands that I absolutely love and appreciate that they are in Walmart today. I love the fact that there is Canyon Bakehouse and Schar Breads they’re fully stocked 95% of the time at my local Walmart market place.
I love that I can get my pasta at a cheaper price then I have found anywhere else. Jovial is one of the healthiest pastas I have found and does not get mushy, fall apart or get gummy after boiling for a second too long. For all of these reasons, I am so grateful for Jovial and that I can find them in so many Walmart’s nationwide. I also love that you can look online and see what brands are in your stores and what you can pick up that very day.
Honestly, Walmart Pickup has changed my gluten-free shopping and I am so grateful that all I have to do each week is turn on my phone, open up the app, put in my order and go pick up my groceries! It literally is like magic!