It has been really hard for me to get excited for Thanksgiving dinner since going gluten-free. This year I am determined to make the Holidays a true delight. Focusing of the people and making safe food for us all to enjoy. I am in planning mode and wanted to help those of you who are feeling lost, hopeless and need help finding joy!
Listen to the entire episode on
or listen above
I created an episode that dissects a lot of the negative feelings those with food restrictions face around the holidays. If you have been feeling down, isolated, depressed or just not looking forward to the holidays in fear of food- this episode is for YOU! This episode is also for those of us who have been gluten free for years but just need a good pep talk before being surrounded by tons of family… and GLUTEN!
As promised, I have included my family’s menu. I am simplifying a bit because we will be feeding 40+ people and I am making all of the dishes at my home so it is 100% safe
- Turkey (one large full turkey and one turkey breast roast)
- Mashed potatoes
- Sweet potatoes- Recipe from HealthyGfFamily
- Green bean casserole- recipe from ThisVivaciousLife.com
- Corn Casserole
- Bread: Brazi Bites & Cornbread
- Cranberry jello
- Jello Fruit Salad
- Stuffing: Alieas or Aldi’s Brand
- Pies: Raised GF Pies & and Ice cream cake